The Best Leveling Kit for Silverado
Getting the best leveling kit for your pickup truck may be quite exhausting in a plethora of aftermarket accessory parts as you may not know which the best is for your Silverado. With the help of an expert, you can find your desired leveling kit and start reaping benefits of a modified truck.
With years of experience in automotive parts for pickup trucks, I have compiled the top 5 leveling kits on the market. This will save you more time and money that you would otherwise lose navigating hundreds of parts on the market. I wrap up the article with the buyer’s guide which is aimed at equipping you with great skills to choose these aftermarket modification parts for the Silverado truck.
Without further ado, let’s delve into our best leveling kits.
Starting off my list is the MotoFab Lifts CH-3F-2R Leveling lift kit which I regard as the best value for money.
Instead of only raising your front side of the Silverado by 3 inches, it raises also the rear side with 2 inches. If you want to fit custom large tires, this leveling kits could be your best choice for 2007 – 2017 Chevrolet Silverado.
You need not uninstall the coil or the strut in order to fit these modification parts. Provided you read the instructions properly, it should take you about 2 to 3 hours to finish installing this leveling kit.
Thanks to the CNC machined front spacers that include aluminum billet to make them durable. Also noteworthy, the leveling kit is powder coated to match the stock suspension so that a passerby does not notice the modification.
To modify the rear side, you will get the new fabricated rear lift blocks and longer U bolts. These lift blocks are durable compared to factory blocks. Both the lift blocks are powder coated to resist outside elements and also to match with the suspension system.
All the required installation hardware and installation instructions are provided to make your job a cinch. Instead of spending so much money on a mechanic, you may attempt the modifications yourself.
However, after installing these parts, make sure you take your car to the nearest professional dealership to make proper alignment. You wouldn’t want to risk your safety by just installing leveling kits and hitting the road.
Your purchase is covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty. That’s a great assurance to get back to the seller should the leveling kit prove to be mediocre.
In case you want to install large tires than the factory ones, this leveling kit could be your best buy. I recommend this kit as it does the work of a leveling and the lift kit by raising both the rear and front sides of your Silverado.
The parts are durable and it takes little time to install them. To add on, the parts are powder coated to protect from rust. And you also get a lifetime warranty from the seller.
- Will Raise your truck 3" in the front and 2" in the rear
- Motofab Lifts are CNC machined out of billet aluminum then powdercoated black to match your factory suspension.
- Can be installed in about 1 1/2-2 hours and does not require strut/coil disassembly like other kits.
- Made In The USA with a Lifetime warranty
- Compatible with 2007-2018 Chevrolet & GM 1500 Pickups
As in the name description, this leveling kit raises your suspension system by 2.5 inches. Rough Country Leveling Lift Kit fits properly on a Chevrolet Silverado 1500 models 2007 to 2018.
Both the 2WD and 4WD are compatible with this leveling kit. In the kit you get lower strut mount extensions and strut spacers for front side, and fabricated 2” lift blocks and U-bolts for the rear side. Hardware for installation are provided for both sides.
Like the aforementioned product review, this kit performs both as a leveling kit and a lift kit. The main difference between the leveling kit and a lift kit is that a leveling kit predominantly levels the front of your truck whereas a lift kit lifts both side.
A leveling kit, on the other hand, helps you align the front with the rear side because Silverado comes with both sides unequal.
To meet this accomplishment, this leveling kit raises the front by 2.5 inches and the rear by 2-inches.
You need no additional hardware to install the kit as it comes with a bolt-on installation. All installation hardware is provided. In about 3 to 4 hours, you should be done with the installation. DIYers will save money by installing on their own, but make sure a professional mechanic helps align the suspension system before you hit the high way with confidence.
The benefits of modifying your Silverado with this kit is that it improves ground clearance, aligns the front with the rear and never compromise the factory ride quality. The fabricated lift blocks are more durable than the factory blocks.
The bad side, however, is that the kit is not compatible with auto ride or auto leveling models. It fits properly on the models with cast steel control arms.
It’s important to reiterate the need to take the car for wheel alignment, suspension, and steering system inspections after modifying it. Also, you always the stiffness of the bolts and nuts after every 1000 miles.
For your off-road drive, this leveling kit could be your best buy. Since it raises the front by 2.5 inches and the rear side by 2 inches, I find it attractive to clear the ground and improve a ride on off-road situations. I wouldn’t regret having this leveling kit. But, if you want to install custom made large tires, 2.5 inches isn’t for you; rather look for specific suspensions lift kits.
Also noteworthy with this kit is its bolt-on installation. That said, it should take you roughly about 3 to 4 hours to finish the installation.
- Increase Ground Clearance for on and off-road obstacles.
- Maintains smooth, factory-like ride.
- Levels the front with the rear of the vehicle.
- Easy At Home Installation . Fabricated blocks offer a longer lifespan than cast blocks.
- Backed by Rough Country's Lifetime Replace .
Also working as both a leveling kit and a lift kit, Supreme Suspension kit is a must-have for off-roaders. It lifts the front by 3.5 inches and the rear by 3 inches.
This is much higher than the above review. But this is not the highest lift range I have come across. You can still find lift heights over 10 inches, well those are for a comprehensive modification of the truck, perhaps by installing large tires.
Included in the kit are 2 front upper mount strut spacers, 2 front Delrin lower mount strut spacers, 4 zinc plated U-bolts, 2 rear billet lift blocks, and 2 axle pinion alignment shims.
Also included are the installation instructions and hardware to expedite your installation time. If you follow the instructions carefully, it shouldn’t take you the whole day figuring the modification. No additional tools required in this bolt-on installation.
Although it quite expensive, I find this product attractive to give your Silverado a new look and a great ground clearance. It protects your suspension from hitting rocks when driving in the mountains. Note that it will not compromise the factory ride quality or load capacity. The great benefit is that it levels the front with the rear side.
Note that this kit is compatible with Silverado models 2007 and 2008 – 2018. If quality is what you prioritize, the kit’s parts are made of the T6 aircraft-grade billet that never sags under heavy loads.
Moreover, they are powder coated to protect against corrosion. So, when coming to stiffness and durability, you are sorted with this leveling kit. It excels where others would otherwise fail under heavy-duty applications.
Word of advice is that do not forget to take your pickup truck to a mechanic for wheel alignment inspection before you hit the road.
I would recommend this kit to any Silverado owner looking for a great ground clearance with an improve ride. The kit lifts both the front and the rear side of your truck. It serves as both the leveling and the lift kit.
You get durable parts made of the aircraft-grade billet and also come with a coat to protect them from rust. Considering the performance and quality of this leveling kit, the price tag is the least worry.
- FITMENT: 2007 - 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2WD 4WD) and 2007 - 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 (2WD 4WD). Only fits 6-lug models. Does not fit 2007 Classic models. Not compatible with Denali models equipped with ARC suspension or 2015+ vehicles equipped with factory stamped steel upper control arms.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Front Upper Strut Spacers, (2x) Front Bottom Strut Spacers, (2x) Rear Lift Tapered Blocks, (4x) Square Bend U-Bolts, (2x) Axle Alignment Shims, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3.5 inch front and 3 inch rear suspension lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio; it is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved. Also, Z71 and LTZ models have factory rear blocks installed - rear lift height will vary depending on factory block size being replaced.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 3 to 6 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
This is yet another leveling kit from Supreme Suspensions, but this time it raises the front suspension by 3 inches. If you are driving a Silverado model 2007 to 2018, then you are safe. Leveling kits are never universal, you need to make sure you buy for the right mode.
Well, I solved that for you by selecting only the kits relevant to Silverado pickup trucks.
If you also have the GMC Sierra 1500 both the 2WD and 4WD, the kit can also work fine. Note that the Classic Body Style 2007 models are not compatible so you shouldn’t waste your money on this purchase.
Included in the package are the 2 aircraft billet front strut spacers, supreme suspensions pro pack, installation hardware and installation instructions. This should make your job easy before installing without prior experience can become increasingly difficult.
The kit will give your truck a great ground clearance for off-road travel. It will also improve the look. You’ll notice that this kit only raises the front side not the rear suspensions. It is purely a leveling kit with no “lift kit” functions of raising both ends.
When installing this kit, I recommend measuring the height of your wheels from the center to the wheel cap before and after. The spacer thickness is not a 1:1 ratio to the lift height due to the geometry of the suspension.
To install the kit shouldn’t take you more than 2 hours provided you follow the instructions properly. It is an easy bolt-on installation with no accessory parts needed. Reminding you yet again, ensure that a wheel alignment is done after installing this leveling kit.
It make look complete and eye-catching but find out there are hidden alignment problems that a professional mechanic should fix.
If what you want is to align the front without touching the rear suspension, this is the right product to consider. It lifts your front suspension by 3 inches to give a good leveling and ground clearance.
Also, it improves the look and also ensures that the front suspension does not sag when installing aftermarket modifiers at the front. A leveling kit worth considering to modify Chev Silverado 1500.
- FITMENT: 2007 - 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2WD 4WD) and 2007 - 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 (2WD 4WD). Fits 6-Lug Model Only. Does NOT fit 2007 Classic Models or Denali models equipped with Adaptive Ride Control / Magna-Ride / Auto-Leveling Suspension.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Aircraft Billet Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3 inch front suspension leveling lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
YITAMOTOR leveling kit is not only the least in the list but also the least expensive amongst all. A must-buy kit for those owning a Silverado 1500 2007 to 2018. Also compatible with the GMC Sierra 1500.
For your off-road travels, here’s the affordable kit to consider. It lifts the front suspension by 3 inches and the rear one by 2 inches. For this reason, it levels and lifts, thus doing the functions of a lift kit and a leveling kit at the same time.
Oftentimes trucks come with a factory rake where the front is a bit lower than the rear side and thus prevent the rear suspension from bottoming up. With this leveling kit you can solve the problem and have your Silverado uplifted and leveled to improve the ride.
If you want to install large tires, the ground clearance can come at your rescue. The driving comfort and ride quality will be retained.
Made of the 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum materials with heat-treated grade bolts, this leveling kit will last you for a long time. No matter how much it gets exposed to elements, it never gets corroded, all thanks to the anodized components. The kit comes with a two year warranty.
When it comes to the installation part, it is like a walk in the park. A bolt-on installation shouldn’t take you the whole day to install.
You need no extra parts as long as you have the installation instructions with you.
Want to lift your Silverado without breaking the bank? This is the best buy to consider. Do not mistake its price tag for a mediocre leveling kits as it still retain the driving comfort ad ride quality with aircraft grade build materials.
Thanks to the premium quality of materials that resist corrosion. The warranty of 2 years is not impressive to me, but that’s not a deal breaker either way.
- 【FITMENT】: Leveling Kits for 2007 new body style & 2008 - 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500/GMC Sierra 1500 (2WD/4WD), This kit will raise the front of the truck by 3" and the rear by 2". The ratio between lift height and kit thickness is not 1:1, due to suspension geometry
- 【MATERIAL】 Machine-manufactured precisely from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum billet, with heat-treated and hardened 10.9 grade bolts pre-installed. The anodized surface provides additional resistance to corrosion. Extraordinarily strong and light compared to spacers made of steel.
- 【BENEFITS】Eliminates factory rake and perfectly levels the front with the rear of the vehicle. Gives a noticeably aggressive look to your truck. Provides additional fender clearance for larger tires and wheels. Maintains your original ride quality, steering quality and driving comfort.
- 【SIMPLE INSTALLATION】The kit comes with everything needed for 100% simple bolt-on installation. The process requires no strut pre-loading, cutting, or modifying any factory parts, can be finished within 2 hours.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】 2-years warranty. Contact our friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service representatives if you have any questions, we will be glad to address any questions or concerns promptly.
FAQ & Guide: Leveling Kits for your Silverado
As I have highlighted at the beginning, buying the best leveling kit for Silverado can be cumbersome and confusing when given a plethora of products to choose from. Let me keep you in the loop that what features you should look for.
I will also answer the frequently asked questions.
Important features to consider when buying leveling kits
Leveling kits are not universal; they are specific to models. The first thing when purchasing these kits is to ensure that they are meant for your Silverado.
Well, in my case I made it a point to select only those that are compatible with the Chev Silverado 1500. But still, some may exclude other specific models of Silverado. For instance, if you have read with attention you would have noticed that other kits exclude the 2007 classic style models.
Lift ranges differ: normally, lift kits offer the higher lift ranges than the leveling kits. You will be lucky to find lift ranges over 2 inches for a leveling kit. Typically, a leveling kit lifts only the front suspensions to level it with the rear ones whereas a lift kit lifts both sides of the car mostly to install larger tires.
I have included the leveling kits that lift both sides but in unequal inches, which means the leveling function is still accomplished. If it lifts by equal inches, then the leveling purpose may not be achieved.
Quality of materials
The quality of build materials is also important when selecting leveling kits. Among others, I have chosen the ones made of the durable aircraft grade materials.
Also important is corrosion resistance of the parts. It does not help to install the parts that will degrade quicker, therefore incurring extra costs. Other kits are powder coated to match the suspension and to resist corrosion.
Not all leveling kits contain the same parts. In others you may find coil spacers, fabricated lift blocks, torsion keys or strut extensions. It depends what you want to modify to level your Silverado.
Leveling kits are generally inexpensive and easy to install without the need to disassemble the springs or doing any extensive uninstallation hence it takes a few hours to completely install them.
Ease of installation
Dealing with car modifications as a non-mechanic can see so overwhelming. Given proper installation instructions and installation hardware, the process should be easy.
So, ensure that these are included in your package. All my aforementioned product reviews come with bolt-on installations where you need no additional hardware apart from the dispatched one. Watch this YouTube video on how to install leveling kits. It will give insights into the process.
While the installation process looks so simple to quickly modify your Silverado, it is still important to take it to a professional mechanic to inspect the steering system and wheel alignment before you hit the roads.
Can I install larger tires after leveling my Silverado?
It depends if the leveling kit also raises the rear suspension as seen in most of the products in here. Do not confuse the lift kits with the leveling kits.
Essentially, a lift kit raises the car with equal inches whereas a leveling kit predominantly lifts the front side to level it with the rear side.
If you buy a kit that raises both sides even by unequal inches, you may be able to install larger tires than the factory ones depending on the lift range. The best kit to install larger tires is the suspension lift kit which may involve a change of springs and strut extensions.
Can leveling kit void my Silverado warranty?
No it will not void it provided the damage of your Silverado is never linked to the modifications. The insurance provider will have to prove that the leveling has damaged your pickup truck. Just make sure you install the leveling kit properly or involve a professional mechanic if you fear mistakes in your DIY attempts.
This marks the end of my comprehensive guide about leveling kits. I have provided you with the best leveling kits for Silverado on the market. These kits can help create a good ground clearance and improve the aesthetic of your car.
The downside of leveling kits is linked to a compromise in fuel economy since most parts are exposed to high air resistance once the truck has been lifted up, especially if both sides have been lifted.
I have wrapped up with the buyer’s guide which should give you info about the features to consider. While searching for the leveling kits, do not let the price fool you. Not all low price kits are mediocre and conversely not all high price kits are of premium quality. Prioritize the features I have discussed then consider the price thereafter.