Well, don’t settle for cheap knockoffs especially when Toyota Tacoma is really popular now.
Whether it’s a new ride or a used one, you need to make your ride look gorgeous by investing in the best seat covers. Attention to detail is, after all, what makes your car secure and stand out from the crowd.
Seat covers protect your car’s original upholstery from spillage, stains, dirt and wear.
Every car make or model has a specific seat cover range so no matter what your year or model your car is, there is a seat cover out there for you. We have compiled a review of some of the best seat covers for the betterment of your vehicle.
Use this as your ultimate buyer’s guide.
The Best Seat Covers For Tacoma
- Custom patterned seat cover
- Easy to install and remove
- Overlapped double and triple-needle stitched seams
- Makes your seats Carhartt tough
This seat cover is a synthetic Carhartt duck weave tough fabric specially designed for all Tacoma models. The seams are gracefully triple stitched for enhanced durability and you can find different custom patterns and fits available for every application.
This seat cover model is also made with front, middle and rear row sections. They are also tailored from heavy-duty duck fabric that is further protected with a durable water repellent finish.
Do you go on hunting trips and come back with all the muck and yuck? Well, worry no more. These seat covers are easy to install and remove and you can give them a quick wash and dry at home.
See where we are going with this? You can keep the life outside of your car off your seats.
- Comes with a built-in belt
- Made for the Front 50/50 Bucket seat configuration
- Custom made for a Takoma model perfect fit
- Includes map pockets, headrests, console covers, armrests, and airbag cutouts, if applicable
- For hand wash only
For those looking to protect their seats, maintain a classy car interior look and also add another layer of comfort but at a reasonable price, then this is the seat cover for you. This Neoprene alternative is lightweight and less expensive.
These seat covers are perfect for every car, truck or SUV and you can cover one or all rows. There are 8 different colors to pick from depending on your style, taste or preferences.
Coverking went all out when making this seat covers by using 3D scanning equipment to ensure that each seat cover has a custom fit and at the same time is easy to install.
Coverking Neosupreme seat covers are often sold by the row inclusive of extras like consoles, headrests, map pockets, and armrests. They have also undergone rigorous tests to ensure that they are safe for vehicles fitted with airbags.
- Airflow Breathable 3D Spacer Mesh that’s warm in winter and cool in summer
- Universal fit front bench seat covers, separate headrest covers, and rear bench covers
This seat cover is fabricated with spacer mesh that is cold proof in winter and cool in summer. The material is made of a 5mm-Triple layer fabric that’s reliable, washable, durable, and comfortable and offers maximum protection.
You no longer have to worry about food stains, pet scratches, mud or liquid spills. Just take them out, throw them in the washing machine and air dry them.
The manufacturers have also integrated Map storage pockets on both the front and back seats. The fabric will stretch out a little when you use the map pockets.
- Waterproof seat covers for 60/40 with console covers
- Fullbacks with pockets and strong attachment
- Installs over the existing upholstery
These seat covers are perfect for every 1995-2000 Toyota Tacoma Xcab model. It is intended for the front 60/40 split bench and also integrates an armrest.
You get the convenience of having one seat cover for the entire front seat that is only split at the top. Installing it and taking it off is also quite easy and will only take you about 15 minutes.
These seat covers are also made with enough allowance to be fitted over existing upholstery in your car, and you can store your extra stuff in the pockets without fear of stretching or tearing the cover.
A special feature gracing this Durafit seat covers is Endura, which is responsible for keeping a level temperature in all climates. Meaning, the seats will not get cold in winter and they will also keep their cool in summer.
Did we mention that they are also waterproof? This Durafit seat cover is convenience packed and is the ultimate way to add style to your ride.
- Prime quality polyester fabric with 3mm foam
- Universal fitting for most car designs
- Includes 2 separate standard-sized headrest covers and 2 low back seat cushions
This premier seat covers by Protech are set up with a standard configuration to keep them affordable and perfect for your vehicle’s year, make and model.
The front seats will feature a Lycra or polyester backside in matching colors that will seamlessly conform to the back of the seats. The material can fully stretch down behind the seats for a full cover and, therefore, enhances the appeal of the car’s interior.
Though this Protech seat covers are not custom made for an exact fit, they come with mounting hooks and pre-sewn elastic straps that make installation as easy as A, B, C.
Seat Covers for Tacoma: FAQ & Buying Guide
What are the best seat covers for a truck?
Of all parts of your truck, the seats are more exposed to the sun, harmful chemicals and dirt that you or your passengers may bring in.
So if you don’t have tinted windows, you need to go for car seats that are resistant to UV damage and are resistant to all weather and road conditions (dirt or debris).
When choosing the best seat covers, look into the material. Leather has a luxurious look and you can easily clean spills and dirt in minutes.
Cool sports mesh is known for its longevity and good look and maintains a level temperature during long rides. Atomic Polypro is also a good choice as it is durable, sporty and waterproof.
From our review, the seat covers that are perfect for your truck are the Itailormaker 3D Spacer Mesh, Covercraft Carhartt SeatSaver, and the Coverking Neosupreme.
Do car seat covers fit all cars?
Seat covers either come as custom fits or universal fits. Universal fits are meant to fit as many vehicles as they possibly can but this is not always the case.
Some advertisements may show that the seat cover is a universal fit but it may not fit your vehicle. You may have a certain area fully exposed or have the seat covers hanging loosely which is equally uncomfortable.
The fact that today’s vehicles come in varying shapes and sizes just makes buying the perfect seat cover difficult for you.
It is therefore prudent to go for a custom fit for your seats. You can do that by searching for seat covers available for your car’s year, make and model and browse for the best options.
If you can’t find any, have a professional, mechanic or car dealer, advise you on the next best option to go for. Due to safety reasons, ensure that the seat covers are airbag compatible.
Will seat covers protect my leather?
You can keep your leather seats safe and clean if you go for seat covers that are made of waterproof and strong fabrics.
Also, ensure to go for a seat cover that gives plenty of breathing space to your leather seats to prevent overheating them.
How do you fit a car seat cover?
Here are a few simple steps to fit in your car seat covers.
- If your car has headrests, start by removing them. That is if the seat covers don’t come with headrest covers.
- Locate the two loops at the back of your seat cover and use a coat hanger to pull the cover over the seat and the back
- Secure the loops, hooks and elastic straps by tying them off to ensure that the cover fits perfectly on your seat. Remember, a wrinkled seat cover is unappealing.
- For the seat covers that don’t have a hole for the headrest, start by marking each hole location with a bright marker. Make a quarter inch cut and align the cut parallel to the sides of the car. This will prevent the hole from getting bigger as passengers sit down or get up.
- Slip the headrests through the hole cutouts and ensure that the headrests are firmly held in place.
How do you wash neoprene seat covers?
When doing a traditional cleaning, you need a car cleaning shampoo or laundry detergent, a sponge, 2 gallons of warm water and a dry towel or blow dryer. Then follow the following steps:
- Mix 2 spoonful of the cleaning agent in 2 gallons of water to make a uniform solution. Now dip the sponge and start scrubbing the surface of the seat cover. Try not to drown the seat cover in the solution.
- Repeat the same process but now with fresh water to rinse the seat. This step may take more time as you have to get all the cleaning agent with the dirt out.
- After complete cleaning, blow dry or towel dry the seat.
- Spray upholstery cleaner on tough stains and let it dry then simply wipe it off.
As a precaution, avoid using corrosive agents or any bleaching agent as it may damage the neoprene.
In conclusion, if you are considering an interior makeover for your Tacoma, do go for some of the seat covers in our review as they are the best in the industry.
If you are at a loss on where to start, start by picking a color theme for your interior and look for something that suits your driving conditions. But hopefully, this guide provided you with enough tips and you can pick up from there. Wish you luck!