Rancho RS5000 Review
Note that when it comes to off-road driving, you are bound to experience numerous difficulties especially if you do not have the right suspension. This is brought about by the different terrain patterns which could cause detrimental impact to your driving experience.
A solution to this would be to invest in a good suspension such as the Rancho suspension, which has proved to be a strong brand since the early 1950s. Rancho has constantly engaged in top-level innovation which has made it a leader especially with regards to the RS5000 shocks. The RS5000 are ideal in both stock and lifted vehicles.
The features, specifications, pros, and cons of this set will be covered in this piece.
One reason why I recommend Rancho RS5000 is the high degree of flexibility and comfort which it offers. The company defines this unique product as its original shock line.
Due to its unique quality and design, this set of shocks will suit your suspension needs adequately.
The structure of these shocks consists of twin-tube designs, t are glass-filled Teflon piston seals, double-welded mounts which reinforce the overall framework and double-chromed hardened rods.
Be aware that this product has a long and rich history which will be further explained in the last section.
Key Features of the RS5000
Rancho was keen on coming up with premium features which contribute its numerous benefits.
These innovative features include:
- Ten-Stage Velocity Sensitive Valving-Rancho is able to bring with it the aspects of both trail and highway driving. In this, the ten-stage velocity sensitive valving comes in handy in tuning each automotive according to its unique specifications.The ten-stage velocity sensitive valving also boosts your vehicle in that it gives you the ideal dampening which in turn contributes greatly to smooth rides. What I liked about this aspect of Rancho is its ability to boost both stock and lifted vehicles. Your auto-machine also ends up giving you unmatched performances.
- Diameter Piston Rod-This shock set also possesses a 16 mm diameter piston rod. With the great capabilities of this company, the piston rod is made to specifically add strength to the shocks.Consequently, this makes the product durable. This is advantageous to consumers as they are able to stay for long periods without having to replace their shocks. Besides, with this piston rod, you are bound to have full confidence when exploring off-roads as your automotive remains highly reinforced.
- 35 mm Diameter Piston-The manufacturer of this product was also keen in coming up with a second 35 mm diameter piston which has the sole purpose of boosting the performance of your vehicle in all environments you may want to explore. This feature alone helped the shocks become a darling among most truck owners and drivers.Note that the 35 mm diameter piston is nitro-carburized and this improves the strength. You are therefore free to visit your favorite highways and off-roads without having to worry about break downs or even health concerns.
- Piston Boot– This is a urethane red boot whose role is to provide adequate protection to both the seal and the rod. The oil seal is also protected by this feature.
To perform its task efficiently, Rancho came up with a low-friction self-lubricating seal which is able to retain both oil and gas. This way, the shock rod is always safe from damage. It is, therefore able to last for a long time which is economical to most drivers and vehicle owners.
- Rubber Brushings and Double-welded Mounts-Rancho included double welded loops which hold black natural rubber bushings in place. This tough construction comes in handy in boosting the durability of this product. Comfort is also reinforced, while the performance of your vehicle in all environments is also boosted.A point worth noting is that the rubber bushings in the RS5000 are approximately 50% thicker than the stock ones and this adds to the overall firmness of your automotive. Moreover, with the double-welded mounts in place, you are sure to hit even the roughest terrains with much ease.
- Strong Exterior-I would highly recommend the Rancho shocks to any truck owner or driver that covets good looking shocks which offer high performance yet they are durable.This is because Rancho was quick to come up with a clean exterior finish. In this, be aware that this exterior is able to stand up to approximately 241 hours of spray-testing. Besides, there are also tough finish stand-ups to the various elements which add to the strength and looks.
- Rebound Bumpers-The rebound bumpers are situated next to the ten-stage application specific velocity sensitive valving. Their main role is to minimize the harshness that is normally felt in vehicles that have stock shocks in place. As such, you are sure to get over dips and potholes with much ease.
The testing of these shocks on my Ford Ranger 2010 exhibited great drivability on highways as well as a beyond par off-road capability.
For sure Rancho RS5000 is the best replacement you will find in the market. It beats similar shocks in the market by far. The above features are unique and contribute to the overall comfort of your vehicle. You are sure to explore different highways and off-roads with much ease. Navigating through different weathers is also improved greatly.
For instance, medium dips in any weather are bound to be cruised with unmatched speeds. Besides, the above feature ensures the safety of drivers as they navigate rough terrains. Ensure that you are the envy of your colleagues or even neighbours by fitting these shocks on your vehicle and cruising through all types of terrain.
Specifications of the Rancho RS5000
When it comes to the specifications of this shock set, the manufacturer was keen to include efficient capabilities. Due to these capabilities, this product has been able to rule the industry for decades.
Some of the core specifications that caught my eye include:
- Compressed Length-The Rancho series has been ideal for utility vehicles and light trucks since 1985. Be aware that Rancho ensured that the RS5000 series is flexible with regards to the compression and extension levels. In this, note that while compressed, this product is bound to measure approximately 12.90 inches. In models such as the RS5328, the compressed length is approximately 14.563 inches. You are advised to be sure of your auto-mobiles model so that you get the right shocks.
- Extended Length-The estimated extended length of this specific shock set series is 20.20 inches but may vary according to the type of your vehicle. This is because some trucks will require extended lengths of up to 22.563 inches. Irrespective of the above lengths, note that the shocks will have dimensions of 8 x 7 x32 inches. Moreover, the weight of this product is approximately 25 pounds which is quite light as compared to the competition.
- Travel Length-The travel length of this product is also unique as the shocks can travel up to 8 inches. This is beyond the competition and is the reason why this brand has been on the radar of most truck and SUV vehicles since 1985.
- Mounting Codes-The manufacturer of this product has gone a step even further into creating both lower an upper mounting codes which are to help you in the installation process. In this, the lower mounting code is denoted by LS38 while the upper mounting code is marked by XP12.
- Easy Installation-Rancho made these shocks in such a way that you are able to install the shocks by yourself. The process is so simple that you are advised not to remove the front tires during the installation of the front shocks. The recommended procedure is to turn the front wheels right or left and then installing the shocks. Of course, this depends on the side in which you will be working on during the installation process. You do not require a tutorial as everything is well laid out.
Jeep JL WRANGLER Shocks – Rancho RS5000X Installation & Review
It all started in 1955 when the pioneer, Clarence Shook, started his automotive parts business. At this particular time, shook specialized in the manufacture of Jeep parts as their demand had sky-rocketed during and after the Second World War. Over time, Clarence would name his company Rancho and focused on the production of both suspension and shock absorbers.
By 1991, Tenneco purchased this brand and has been in charge since then. However, it was between the 1950s and 1990s that Rancho established a name for itself in the automotive industry.
Specifically, the 70s were highly characterized by truck owners modifying their machines to align themselves with better off-road exploration. Rancho was able to seize this trend and came up with a unique package that included both the independent front suspension and the leaf-spring suspension.
By 1985, this company had arrived at a premium design which led to the debut of the RS5000. This product quickly became the most preferred by truck owners who wanted both off-road and on-road prowess as well as comfort. Within a short time, this product was recognized all over the world as the most ideal for off-road use.
Since then, this product has been preferred by drivers over the stock shock absorbers. They are able to have smooth rides and optimal performances at consumer-friendly prices.
As such, it stands to be the most ideal product for your vehicle. The only thing you have to be keen before making a purchase of these shocks is that you should select the make and model which specifically meets your vehicle’s application. This way, you are bound to benefit from the RS5000 fully.
As a buyer, you are bound to go for the most economical yet durable products. When looking for shocks for your truck or sport utility vehicle, the most ideal solution is the RS5000 from Rancho.
Rancho is a global leader in both suspension systems and high-performance systems. The Rancho brand is owned by Tenneco which forms part of the American Fortune 500 company. Tenneco has been able to operate in the New York Stock Exchange since 1999 with its headquarters being based at Illinois in Lake Forest.
This shock set comes with a ten-Stage velocity sensitive valving, a diameter piston rod, rebound bumpers, strong exterior, Rubber Brushings and Double-welded Mounts as well as a piston boot. These contribute to the overall unique performance by these shocks as they are absent in many other competing brands.
The shocks have different kinds of lengths which aid in the functionality of your vehicle in different terrains. These include the compressed length, the travel length, as well as the extended length. There are also mounting codes to assist you have an easy installation process.
Pros and Cons
The pros of these shocks include a fair price, wide applicability as well as the ability to buy each shock of the set separately. On the other hand, a few cons exist.
These include model limitation to only automobiles that lack electronic air springs or those that lack automatic leveling suspension and the lack of the thread down.
The Selling Point
By choosing to but these shocks, you will benefit from the lifetime warranty that this brand offers to its loyal consumers. Tenneco is known for its stress in quality and long-lasting products. With these advanced shocks, you are bound to get more than you bargained for. This is because each component is built out of strong materials such as iron and welded mounts.
Besides, the price of this product is pocket-friendly. This brand recently rolled out the RS5000x which offers slight improvements over the RS5000. However, you are advised to go with the tried and tested RS5000 series. These have lasted since 1985 and have proved to be worthwhile.
From the above, it is clear that the Rancho RS5000 is a powerful shocks brand which will ensure that you travel comfortably in highways as well as in off-roads regardless of the nature of terrain. Turn your auto-motive into a powerful machine with these high-performance shocks.