Nakamoto Rotor & Brake Pad Kit
There is never a review that you will take as seriously as finding the right brakes for your vehicle.
And who can blame you, safety is a big deal, and most people do not even mind the price as long as they are getting the best.
Being able to stop quickly is way more important than your ride’s acceleration power.
Our review is going to shine a light on Nakamoto brake rotors.
We will look into the benefits of having them and what consumers who already have them have to say about their performance. Let’s dive in.
First and foremost, Nakamoto has a tremendous 35-years’ experience in the automotive industry. It was founded by the Lin family and has its headquarters in Taiwan.
Over the years, Nakamoto has improved its distribution channels and is now well known in over 50 countries and a favorite amongst automotive professionals.
- Break pad features
- Eight piece front and rear brake pad set
- Pro-grade Ceramic brake pads
- Includes shims
- Environmentally compliant
- Brake Rotor features
- Zinc coating
- Cross-drilled and slotted
- Includes both LH and RH, Side Front and Rear
- Comes as a set (4 Items )
The Nakamoto Rotor and brake pad kit is here to right all the wrongs done by other stock brakes.
For starters, Nakamoto products are environmentally friendly which is something you don’t often see with other manufacturers.
Nakamoto brake rotors are specially designed with multi-million dollar automatic sand casting lines.
Each piece is made with the right amount of metal to give the final product structural integrity, strength and unparalleled durability.
The brake rotors are zinc coated which makes them immune to rust and corrosion form substances like gasoline.
The brake pads are constructed from high-density material that is resistant to friction.
You will, therefore, get long life from these babies before they start showing any signs of wearing out.
Your braking is, therefore, guaranteed to be smooth and quiet. Another great benefit provided by the brake pad is in its construction.
Nakamoto limited the resin content in the brake pads to eliminate the chances of brake fade and glazing.
Installation and Application
No matter how hard you hit the brakes, whether, in high speed or high load conditions, the stopping power will remain consistent.
Too much resin can also cause heat buildup on the brake friction material, or otherwise known as brake glazing, that can result in distortion of the braking components.
You will have an easy installation process with the drilled holes and slots being a perfect fit for your vehicle.
The ceramic pads go through an OE level thermal scorching process for a smooth and easy break-in.
Nakamoto brake rotors and pads are the best product for every DIY enthusiast and just anyone interested in a high-quality product.
- Durable brakes
- Zinc coating for rust and corrosion resistance
- Environmentally friendly breaking pad
- High-density friction material for long pad life
- Smooth and quality breaking
- Reduced dusting
- Trouble-free installation
- Comes with preset drill holes and slots
- Made for maximum strength, comfort, and safety
- Reduced brake fading and glazing
- Hasn’t been given sufficient customer reviews on its performance since it’s a relatively new product in the market
What are the customers saying?
Nakamoto brake pads are a bit new in the market but so far so good.
First off, the rotors have a dark, classy finish that is visually appealing.
The entire Nakamoto rotor and brake pad kit is a pretty sweet deal figuring that you get the rotors, pads and replacement parts at an affordable price.
The brake pads are a combination of ceramic and metallic formulas to make them durable and also resistant to friction wear.
In case something happens to your rotors, dip into the set and get your replacement.
You also do not need to make adjustments to the drill holes and slots as they come as a custom fit for your car.
Also to Consider: Power Stop Brake Kit
2 Power Stop K2303 Front and Rear Z23 Evolution Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Brake Pads
Since 1980, Power Stop has been known to be a leading brand in the manufactory of upgraded brake kits.
The company also deals in a wide range of drilled and slotted rotors, brake pads and other automotive related components.
The high skill and technology injected into every one of their products is what makes Power Stop a highly trusted and valued brand by its customers.
- Z23 carbon-Fiber Formula for dust-free breaking performance
- Premium rubberized shims
- Cross drilled and slotted performance rotors and matching set of Ceramic brake pads
- Available for all front and rear corners
- Stainless steel hardware kit & ceramic brake lubricant
- Silver Zinc Dichromate plating
- Includes a brake lubricant
This kit is what you need if you want the pleasures of having both slotted and drilled holes.
There will, therefore, be a regularly clear patch on the rotor surface that makes braking a smooth and easy exercise.
The drilled holes are important to form maximum rotor cooling. The brake pads are constructed with a carbon-fiber formulation that repels dust.
The rotors are cast with G3000 metallurgy technology with precise OE tolerances.
The icing on the cake is that the brakes are tested and guaranteed to offer noise-free braking.
The entire kit comes custom fitted for your ride.
The components work harmoniously together to improve your vehicle’s braking performance.
Since it comes in stock sizes, you are guarantees of high performance and a perfect fit. The entire kit is available for the front and rear axle.
The rotors are put through a thermal scorching process that gets rid of all impurities and gasses.
Additionally, the corrosion and rust resistant Silver Zinc Dichromate plating gives your wheels a classy look.
You can also use the lubricant provided in the case to reduce friction in the pads.
- Silver Zinc coated for active rust and corrosion resistance
- Offers great braking performance
- Includes both slotted and drilled holes
- Offers a noise-free braking
- The kit comes with a Hi-Temperature lubricant
- More expensive than other brake kits
- Produces a light squeaky sound when braking
Generally, the Power Stop K2303 is a well-designed kit.
The fact that the manufacturer achieved to minimize brake noise and build a dust-free construction which is also rust resistant is mind-blowing.
What’s more is that all that is possible without reducing the braking power.
The operating temperature is always at a minimum thanks to the cooling effect brought on by the drills and slots on the disc rotor.
Despite being expensive, this is a craftily engineered kit from Power Stop with products that boast of an exquisite design.
Best Brake Rotors For F250 Super Duty in 2019 Reviewed
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Nakamoto brake?
Nakamoto brakes are high-quality brakes that are put through state of the art manufacturing processes to ensure that they are the right fit and form for your vehicle.
The brakes are made in compliance with OE specifications, proven to be eco-friendly and guaranteed to last you for over 50, 000 miles.
The installation process is made simple with cross-drilled holes and slots that are precisely coordinated and measured to be a custom fit.
Do Power Stop brakes have a lifetime warranty?
No. Power Stop offers a limited warranty on its brakes.
The warranty will cover the products for the first three years or 36,000 miles from the day of purchase.
The warranty, however, doesn’t include a defect that is as a result of wear and tear or inappropriate use of the brakes.
Do Nakamoto brakes have a lifetime warranty?
No, they don’t. Nakamoto offers a limited lifetime warranty on most of its products.
The Nakamoto Rotor and Brake Pad Kit are backed by a 10-year limited lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials under its intended use.
The warranty, however, doesn’t cover defects caused by normal wear and tear. You must provide a proof of purchase to make a warranty claim.
How long do brakes last?
The lifespan of brakes is affected by many factors.
First the level of engineering put in by the manufacturer to ensure the brakes are rust and corrosion resistant can make them durable.
Your driving habits also play a role in the lifespan of your brakes. Sharp braking can lead to increased wear of the brakes.
The average lifespan is however estimated to be around 30,000 to 70,000 miles before you need a new set.
Where are Nakamoto brakes manufactured?
Nakamoto has its headquarters in Taiwan where there is a manufacturing plant that produces an average of 360 pieces per day.
Who owns Nakamoto?
The Lin Family owns Nakamoto. The family market their products in partnership with 1AAuto and most products are marketed under Aftermarket, a brand that deals in automotive parts and car accessories.
What types of brake rotors are there?
There are three major types of brake rotors:
- Slotted rotors
They offer extra friction and bite to your pads for an excellent braking performance. The slots located on the rotor face allow gas to vent and sip between the pad and rotor. This action keeps friction areas clean and limits the chance of brake fade.
- Cross-drilled rotors
These rotors allow air to flow through the disc and provide more bite. The rotor, therefore, maintains its cool and can vent much more brake gas. Nakamoto brakes use this type of high-performance technology.
- Vented rotors
Vented rotors are made up of two friction surfaces stuck together with a vast network of posts and vanes between them. Air can then flow freely inside the rotor. The sandwiched vanes are designed to form a vortex that sucks in hot air and gas thereby leaving the pads clean.
What do I look for when searching for the best brake rotors?
- Brand- Go for a product from a brand that emphasizes the importance of quality in their products. You can get that from the customer reviews that they receive.
- Performance- Look for brake rotors that work well with the entire braking system to offer you a fully functional braking system with no glazing or brake fade.
- Features-Look for a rotor that features a disk that dissipates heat well has form-fitting drill holes and slots and operates silently for effective performance. Rotors that are made of carbon ceramic composite are a bonus as they are very durable and enduring.
- Compatibility-The most vital thing to look for is a rotor that is compatible with your vehicle. Currently, we have rotors that come as a custom-fit design, but that shouldn’t mean that you ignore to check of it is the right fit for your vehicle. It may be a marketing strategy to get you to buy.
How do I maintain my car brakes?
Perform the following maintenance tips to keep your brakes looking new and healthy:
- Monitor your brake fluid level. Ensure that it is clean and top it off if necessary. If you don’t know how to do this, check your car owner’s manual for instructions.
- Inspect the pads and rotors for any signs of wear. Driving around in worn out brakes could lead to potential road safety issues. Worn out brakes could be an indication that you need to upgrade to a better brake set from a different brand that offers a longer lifespan.
- Occasionally change the brake fluid. When you notice that the fluid has turned milky, then that is an indication that water has penetrated the braking system. Drain the brake fluid and replace it with a fresh liquid recommended for the types of brakes you use in your vehicle.
Choosing the right set of brakes depends on the braking system requirements of your vehicle.
You probably stumbled upon this review because you want to replace your worn out brakes.
You may also need to change your current brakes to a more advanced set to suit your driving style and environment.
Whatever the reason, ensure to go for high-performance brakes with advanced features that are compatible with your vehicle.
We recommend that you try either the Nakamoto brakes or the Power Stop K2303 as they both have the best overall application all thanks to their holes and slots feature.
Just think about it. You may have sufficient horsepower, torque and enough speed to make a sports car blush on the highway.
But all that doesn’t matter when you don’t have the power to control your ride at that crucial moment to prevent impact.
Joe Silvestri says
I BOUGHT FULL FRONT AND REAR SET OF PADS AND ROTORS FOR BMW X5. HAVE 10 K ON THEM IN 1 YEAR. THEY ARE OUTSTANDING BRAKE PARTS AND PRICE IN REALLY NICE. ZERO PULSATION IN PEDAL . ZERO NOISES. NO MATTER YOUR SPEED IF YOU SLAM THESE BRAKES ON YOUR GONNA STOP VERY EVENLY AND SMOOTHLY. I PROMISE. BRAKES ARE NOTHING TO PLAY AROUND WITH. THESE ARW NO JOKE – SERIOUSLY GOOD QUALITY. I WILL GET THIS BRAND AGAIN WHEN ANY OF MY VEHICLES NEED BRAKES – NO MATTER WHAT IM DRIVING . IF YOUR NOT SURE ABOUT THESE BECAUSE YOU’VE NOT HEARD THE BRAND NAME BEFORE? JUST DO IT. YOU WON’T REGRET IT AND YOUR WALLET WILL LOVE IT.
Mark Miller says
I have 4 Nakamoto Rotors found in a garage. They are still in the boxes. It has p/n 1ABRR00019. I want to sell them cheap but have no idea what vehicle(s) they fit on. Can you provide that for me and what they sell for? I very much appreciate your assistance.
kent wolfe says
what does this part fit1APBR00051 thanks
Wes Wilkerson says
Is there a break in period for Nakamoto brakes?
Hi there, took a chance and got these on ebay a few years ago. Simply put don’t warp. Toyota calipers pins stick over time and the out pad is locked leaving the inner pad to do the work. These rotors handle all that. OEM would warp and shudder. not these… I am at 75k on them and they are still usable. I am rebuilding the breaks now they are worn but still working.